We join our mayor, the Hon. Brad Stephens, in celebrating harvest time in Rosemont this year. While he is rightfully focused on business and development, we at the Stephens Center are thrilled with the reasons why one of our long time trade show clients has increased his company's business in this building.
Joe Thaler, president, Transworld, is bringing back the "Halloween, Costume and Party" show, and is resurrecting the "Housewares and Variety" show in 2010, at the Stephens Center. Mr. Thaler isn’t alone: The Stephens Center enjoys a 93 percent rate of return business – nearly unheard of in our industry. Mr. Thaler’s reasons for returning are music to our ears and include:
• that customer service in Rosemont is so superior here, our clients and customers can't even draw a distinction between our various service providers;
• that our staff is so accommodating and professional, that they work as a seamless team with our client’s own professional and administrative staff;
• that we at the Stephens Center, and indeed everyone who works in the hospitality industry in Rosemont, are smart strategic thinkers (in Joe's words, "they get it...");
• that we roll out a real red carpet when we welcome our business partners;
• .that we think about his tradeshows, not just when the curtain is ready to go up, but throughout the year;
• that Rosemont is the village that works!
There’s no better endorsement than a customer who returns. In fact, that compliment is rare. Renowned New York Investment Banker Merrill Ring has told us that the Stephens Center is one of few convention centers with any new business, much less returning business.
For those of you who have not had the opportunity to attend a show or event at the Stephens Center in recent years, please review our schedule and come over to have the time of your life. Whether you are attending a public show for fun and entertainment, or fiercely competing in one of America's hottest marketplaces, we will make you feel special.
I join the mayor in celebrating autumn with a grateful heart for a terrific staff that consistently achieves excellence. I look forward to meeting and greeting you soon.
Christopher R. Stephens
Donald E. Stephens Convention and Conference Center